Schedule of events:
10:00 AM - Tent and Gym set up.
12:00-1:00 - Kid's softball game with the Pastor! (Please bring bats and gloves)
2:00 Bounce houses and other games begin
4:00 - Eating in the gymnasium
9:00 (apprx) - Fireworks show begins!
What to bring:
- Lawn chairs
- Drinks for your family in a cooler
- A side dish and dessert for each family
- Beach towels and a change of clothes if participating in the water slides
- Softball equipment
- Riding toys for the children
- Instruments to play under the tent
- If you have an ice cream churn and would like to help Mrs. Latham and Mrs. Crawford in making home-made ice cream for everyone, please bring your churn with your ice cream ingredients. Please let Charity Latham know if you are bringing a churn.
- If you have not made Mrs. Tucker aware that you have guests coming please do that immediately so we can make sure we have plenty of food.
- Upon arrival you may drop your food off through the gym doors. There will be a cooler and two warmers set up in the gym if your food needs to stay refrigerated or warmed. You will then need to immediately move your vehicle to the parking lot across the road after dropping off your food.
- The parking spaces along the side of the church and gym are reserved for our elderly guests and members.
- Park as far away from the concrete pad, across the road, as possible. This is where the fireworks will be ignited.
- There is ice available in the kitchen for coolers but in years past we have ran out quick! You may want to purchase ice, just in case.
- There are two bounce houses this year. The smaller bounce house will be reserved for 3rd grade students and down. The larger water slide bounce house will be for all Jr. High aged children and down. No one above Jr. High aged will be permitted on the bounce houses this year. Please communicate this to your high school aged children. If your child is planning to participate in the water slides they will need to wear black, navy or dark gray in an effort to maintain modesty. This is for both guys and gals!
- Some of the Mom's of babies would like for people to bring small baby pools for the tiny tots, if you have one.
- We will need a lot of help cleaning up after the fireworks. Everyone, PLEASE make plans to stay and help. Several of the young couples have been assigned to be in charge of overseeing clean-up in certain areas but they will need help cleaning those areas.
- The church sanctuary will already be cleaned for Sunday. No one is to enter the sanctuary for any reason.
- Bathroom facilities will be available in the church, science lab and gymnasium. The church nursery will be available for mothers with infants. Please instruct your children not to be in the nursery.
If you are planning to give money toward the fireworks and bounce houses we ask that you put your contribution in a tithing envelope and drop it in the box outside of the kitchen or in the offering plate. Please designate the amount for each activity on the envelope.
We look forward to a safe and fun Independence Day Picnic!