Welcome to the Secret Sister program! Adult ladies who have been married are invited to participate in this ministry of caring and sharing with other sisters in Christ. You will each be given a Sister that you will need to pray for and encourage. It is wonderful to have a sister that is there to pray for you and send you an encouraging gift from time to time. We will be keeping our sisters secret so don't let anyone know who you have!
What are your responsibilities if you participate?
1.This cycle will run from August-December. A Secret Sister reveal will be held in January.
2. You must be present at the Secret Sister drawing on July 13th in order to draw for this cycle.
3. Pray for your Secret Sister daily! This is what the program is all about! Bear ye one another's burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2
4.Contact your secret sister in some form each month (card, candy, etc.)
5. Remember your secret sister on her special occasions, (birthday, anniversary, etc.)
6. Purchase 1 gift each month, no more than a $15 value, between August and the next reveal in January. This does not include the reveal gift in January.
7. Your reveal gift should be a $25 value.
“Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?” Luke 12:24
Do's and Don'ts
- Do know that this is a commitment. The lady you are assigned will be expecting you to lift up her requests in prayer and she should be able to rely on you for those encouraging gifts and contacts.
- Do not go over the price limits on gifts! This means the VALUE of the gift. Even if you find a very good deal on an expensive item, we ask that you stay in the price range for the value of the gift. When one person over indulges their secret sister, it makes others feel like their gifts are not as adequate which is totally against what the program is designed to do, encourage and promote unity.
- Do purchase a $15 gift, once per month between August and December.
- Do not skip several months and then spend a large amount of money on one gift to "catch up." This is designed to encourage and uplift one another. When someone does not hear from their secret sister it can be very discouraging.
- Do not let a month go by without your sister hearing from you.
- Do contact Misty Tucker immediately if for any reason you feel you cannot fulfill your commitment so that we can assign your secret sister to another lady in the church.
“Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.” Matthew 10:31